One of the possible approaches that can be used to help our customers is providing off-shore QA of the work done by in-house development team of the customer.
Our team has completed a QA outsourcing project for a North American company, specializing in network and systems administration software solutions (patch installation over networks, remote hardware and software scanning and reporting, etc).
This project required 1 QA manager and 4 QA engineers, and lasted for 2 years.
The tasks performed by our team were as follows:
- Design of unit-tests while development is still taking place.
- Compilation of test plan, case-suites and test-cases.
- Development of scripts for automated testing (using AutomatedQA TestComplete).
- Performing automated testing as part of acceptance and regression tests.
- Performing manual testing as part of unit, integration, functional, stress, UI and regression tests.
- Testing of documentation and installation.
- Recording and tracking of issues in a bug-tracking system.
- Cooperation with help-desk team of the customer.
Since the products being tested were used by customers in many countries, our QA team had to perorm testing on at least 4-5 different language versions of the operating systems.
The team was providing the customer with daily reports on the progress and results of testing, as well as tracking .
The toolset used for testing was VMware v5.0, TestComplete. Testing was performed on all contemporary Microrosft Windows systems, except for Win2003 Server Web, and WinowsXP Media Center.